Monday, February 17, 2014

The Beer (cider) Stays

In my last post I talked about wanting to get fit without spending oodles of moolah.  In addition to that, I'm not willing to give up everything delicious.  However, I am more than willing to indulge in moderation.
I'm currently drinking a Strongbow Cider mmmmmm!


My major weakness are as follows:

  • Beer
  • Sweets
  • Tortilla chips
  • Pizza
Fitting into my closet full of clothes is important to me, but I know I can do it without sacrificing all the yummies that I love.  Instead of giving up something completely, I am setting some boundaries.  For example, the last two days I have gone without sweets.  I don't plan to do it forever.  I actually don't even have a stopping point or goal in mind.  Both days I've just woken up and said, "I'm not going to eat sweets today."   Then I do it.

Before my wedding I hired a personal trainer to get my booty in gear.  That is exactly what she did!  I gave up sweets 99.9% (I ate 1/2 a slice of pie at Thanksgiving).  After 8 weeks of giving up sweets (not all sugar, I ate fruit still) I was toned & tiny (size 2/4).
A little pre-wedding workout :)
My thinking is I need to be conscience of what I eat, but I don't need to be crazy about calorie counting or restricting.  So, today I don't eat sweets, but I drink a hard cider.  Maybe tomorrow I'll say no alcohol, but eat a cookie.  Heck!  Maybe I'll skip both.  The point is, I'm trying not to make myself feel restricted, while staying conscientious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment