Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Family Style Workouts

This weekend I went to Michigan to see my sister & her family.  I rode up with my mom, dad, and nephew.  We had oh so much fun!  There was plenty of junk included in the weekend (gummy bears, beer, donuts, wine, cupcakes, Tanqueray, cake balls, whiskey, pizza).  As tasty as all the bad for me stuff was, it wasn't the best part of the weekend.

I absolutely LOVED working out with my family.  My sister has a make-shift gym in her basement.  They have an elliptical, a handful of assorted weights, and a couple of ab wheels.  Saturday afternoon my sister, 2 nephews (2 & 7 years old) went downstairs to workout.  My 7-year-old nephew tried out the elliptical to start.  He loved it & was sweating in his pajamas....yes we were all still in pajamas into the afternoon :).

Testing out the elliptical
After my sister's workout she did abs using the ab wheel.  It was adorable to watch her 2-year-old son workout with her.  He was checking out how his mama did it and trying to copy her every move.

Monkey see...
Monkey do :)
Having a family with similar health and fitness goals is encouraging.  Surround yourself with people who have a like mindset and you will succeed.




No comments:

Post a Comment